– Personal information collected by us from our guests
– How does we use the personal information collected from our guests
– How does we share the personal information collected from our guests, including with third parties
– Non personal information collected by us
– Links to websites of third party marketers
– Our policy regarding protection of our guests’ personal information
– How long do we retain your personal information
– Should you want to opt out
– Dos & Don’ts to ensure your security
– Get in touch for any clarifications
Personal information collected by us from our guests at various touch points with our guests, we may collect the following personal information: your name and contact information; date of birth; how you prefer to be addressed in communication from us, preferred modes of communication; your job designation and business address; spouse name, anniversary, credit card details, including the three-digit code that appears on the back of your credit card; your dates of arrival and departure from our hotels/restaurants/other outlets, your preferences when you stay or dine with us, your transaction history, offers you have availed of from third party marketers in response to communication from us. We may also record details on guests who have stayed or dined with you, including their names and contact details. Besides the above, we may also collect the following:
– When you will fill out a form (online or hard copy), stating your preferences when you stay or dine with us. Such information may include details relating to health matters. User name and password selected by you when you register at our website or become a member of our loyalty programmes at our website.
If you choose to reserve a room online we record your arrival and departure dates, number of guests in the group, details of guest rooms and tariff details.
– When you make a request for a proposal from our meeting planners, by visiting our websites.
– When you contact us with your questions or comments.
– From time to time, our website may offer a feature that allows you to send an electronic postcard or otherwise share a message with a friend. If you choose to do so, we will ask you for the recipient’s name and email address, along with the text of any message you choose to include. Using this feature is tantamount to entitling us to store and use the recipient’s name and email address.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under 18 years of age. As a parent or legal guardian, please do not to allow your children to submit personal information without your permission. We do not knowingly collect information related to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or other beliefs, health, criminal background or political affiliations, unless it is volunteered by you. We may use any health-related information provided by you only to serve you better and meet your specific needs when you stay or dine with us.
How do we use the personal information collected from its guests-
We use your personal information to provide you with the services you request from the us, to help you make room reservations, to provide you with information about conferences and events at our properties, to send you promotional material on our services by email, direct mail and phone, to conduct surveys from time to time, to make you offers sourced from third parties, per your stated preferences or usage pattern exhibited at our properties. Information collected regarding your preferences when you stay or dine with us will be disseminated across the SSKBST to ensure that you enjoy the level of service you expect of us.
– If you use a corporate credit card, your billing information may be shared with your employer. With third parties:
– We use the services of third party service providers to provide certain products and services like credit card billing, reservations services, call centre services, mass mailings, for which it is necessary to provide personal information. These parties are contractually prohibited from using the personal information for any purpose other than those specified by us. We may provide information that is non-personal, to certain service providers for their use on an aggregated basis for the purpose of performing their contractual obligations to us. We expressly prohibit the sale or transfer of any information to any party outside by such service providers.
– From time to time we may partner with other companies to provide co-sponsored or co-branded promotions, products and services and may share your information with our co-sponsor. For example, we may co-sponsor some sweepstakes, prize draws, competitions or contests on our site with other companies or we may provide prizes for sweepstakes and contests sponsored by other companies. If you enter one of these sweepstakes or contests, we may share your information with our co-sponsor or the third party sponsor.
– In the event of a merger, consolidation, sale, liquidation or transfer of assets, we in our sole and absolute discretion may transfer, sell or assign information collected, including without limitation, non-personal information and personal information, to one or more affiliated or unaffiliated third parties.
– We with or without prior notice to you, may have to share your information to in order to comply with applicable laws or respond to governmental inquiries or requests from public authorities or to comply with valid legal process, to protect the rights, privacy, safety of our property, our guests, employees or the public or to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain or to respond to an emergency.
Non-personal or anonymous information collected by us-
Information that does not personally identify you is referred to as non-personal or anonymous information. When you visit our site www.mvtindia.com or third parties with whom we have contracted to provide services, non-personal information, like, list of website pages visited by you, could be collected. Technology like cookies could be used to help you deliver content per your preference, to help you process your reservations or other requests. While this cannot be used to disclose your identity, this information will identify your browser to our servers when you visit our site. To remove the cookies at any point from your computer, you can delete them using your browser. We also may collect data by using web beacons, clear GIFS, pixel tags or similar means, which will tell us when you visit our site. Non-personal information like the domain name, the areas of the site you visit, your operating system, your browser version, and the URL you visited from, can be identified, which can be used to enhance your online experience by understanding your web usage patterns. From time to time, we may allow third party advertisers to advertise on our websites. These third party advertisers may use technologies like cookies, pixel tags to track which ads your browser has seen and which site pages you may have visited. We have no control over the use of this technology or the resulting information and is not responsible for any actions or policies of such third parties. We may use or disclose non-personal information for any purpose from time to time. For instance, we may embed e-mail addresses with images. In such cases where we combine non-personal information with personal information, the combined information will be treated by us as personal information per this policy.
Links to websites of third party marketers-
We will take the necessary measures to:
– Protect your personal information collected against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction.
– Keep your personal up-to-date, consistent with applicable law.
– When you transact online, we seek to protect your personal information that you provide. However, do note that no security system or system of transmitting data over the Internet can be guaranteed to be entirely secure.
– Ensure that our affiliates and service providers take reasonable measures to maintain the confidentiality of personal information about you.
How long do we retain your personal information-
We will retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this policy document, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted/mandated by applicable law.
Should you want to opt out-
If we possess your contact information, we may want to keep you posted about our products, services and events, through email. Should you prefer not to receive such marketing materials from us, you may let us know any time. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org . We will update your preferences as soon as reasonably practical. However, do note, if you opt out of our emailing list, as described here, we will not be able to remove your personal information from the databases of affiliates, franchisees or business partners with which we have already shared your personal information, prior to the date of your opt-out request.
Dos & Don’t to ensure your security-
For your own privacy we advise you not to include sensitive personal information in any emails you may send to us. Please do not send credit card numbers or any sensitive personal information to us via email. We do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under 18 years of age. As a parent or legal guardian, please do not to allow your children to submit personal information without your permission.